Sign up for a Tapasā professional learning and development workshop on teaching Pacific learners across all education sectors. These workshops will be held nationally and will be co-facilitated by leading Expert Pacific Teachers and the Teaching Council. All teachers, principals/professional leaders, kaiako and tumuaki in early childhood education, primary and secondary school settings are welcome to attend these free workshops.
The aim of Tapasā is to build a confident, competent and culturally-aware education workforce which can engage successfully with Pacific learners. The programme will assist you to:
- Understand how Tapasā: Cultural competencies framework was developed and its relevance for you as a teacher
- Develop a high-quality and empowering learning environment for Pacific learners
- Have a strong understanding of both your own and your learners’ identities, languages and cultures
- Improve learning outcomes for Pacific learners, their parents, families and communities
- Apply the lens of Tapasā to the Standards of the Teaching Profession and the Code of Professional Responsibility
|Gisborne||4pm to 7pm||Please click here to register through Eventbrite|
|Nelson||4pm to 7pm||Please click here to register through Eventbrite|
|Oamaru||4pm to 7pm||Please click here to register through Eventbrite|
We are expecting strong interest in these workshops so please register as soon as possible.
However, if minimum numbers aren't reached, we may be unable to go ahead with a workshop.